- In what ways did you think this love story was super sad?
- Did you have a favorite character? A least favorite?
- Who do you think was teening Lenny from Nettie Fine's account?
- Which aspects of this satire were particularly spot-on to you? Which were the most frightening?
- Does the idea of dechronification treatments and immortality appeal to you? If you had the money and lived in the "Super Sad" world, would you apply to be a client of Post-Human Services?
- In a July 2010 article for The New York Times, Gary Shteyngart tells us he actually has to escape to a place without cell phone service to read and write, that even he, an author and reader of "long-form texts," is not immune to the tyranny of instant and constant connectivity. Does this concern you? How likely is it that we are truly heading into a post-literate age where books are seen as ridiculous and smelly artifacts?
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Super Sad True Love Story to be discussed June 24th
Posted by Teresa Bell at 6:07 PM